Friday, June 5, 2015

Week 7. Term Two. Bits and Bobs...

Howard Gardner, in his writings on the Multiple Intelligence's reminds us that some children learn better through (and with)  musical experience. If you are like me you were not given the gift of musical talent, so for we less musically talented teachers this can be a challenge and a little help never goes astray.   The site below provides some classical music to use with literature.  This is a great way to enrich children's experiences.
Classical Music to go with Literature.


In my search for articles to help out a certain little man in my classroom I came across this article. Not really suitable for my use and pretty much Behaviour Management 101 but it may make useful "revision" reading.
Management In the Classroom.


Here are some spelling rules charts, as suggested by Fiona Glumac.
Spelling Rules


Evidently this style of  Sight Word warm up power point was suggested at the John Flemming Explicit Teaching PD recently.  Whilst I am cautionary about  John Flemming.  I do believe there is room for warm ups like this... I am looking for more exciting versions.  There are Apps for iPads that would be more interesting than this I am sure. The Fry Sight Words form the basis of the PLD sight word list. Use the MP4 Version.
Sight Word Warm up

A competition to design a google cover page.  Year 1 - 10.  How good would it be for OLC to win this!!  Come on... someone have a go.  You could do a writing activity to go with it!  Some reading and research maybe...   The lesson plan tab has some videos.  I haven't viewed them so you had better check the content first!
Doodle for Google

Happy weekend everyone,
Julie





No comments:

Post a Comment